Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The issuance of Oklahoma agency regulations is governed by the Oklahoma Administrative Procedures Act, 75 O.S. §250 et seq.
The Administrative Procedures Act provides:
- Procedures for agency promulation of regulations to carryout legislative statutory policy
- Notification requirements for agency rulemaking
- Establishes the vehicles for that notice, the Oklahoma Register and the Oklahoma Administrative Code
- Procedures of adjudication and appeal under regulatory rules
- Outlines the legislative oversight of agency regulatory functions
A Primer on Administrative Law in Oklahoma (pg. 39)- Ok. Bar Journal article providing basic information
Administrative Rules on Rulemaking in Oklahoma